Thursday, February 21, 2008

Personality or Terrible Twos

W has always been a sweet kid. Really, super sweet and goooood, so good. He's my sweet pea and he always will be but this week has really tested me. I just don't get it. My mom says, "At least he has a personality." as she giggles in shock. Easy for her to say.

He has taken to throwing-anything, crap, just anything in defiance. A handful of cookies, a toy, his pacifier (out of his crib, I know, he shouldn't have it, even in his crib). and it's usually followed by an oh so innocent "uh oh" and the straightest face you have ever seen. It kills me and I do the time out thing but it doesn't seem to be nipping it in the bud. I just am beside myself. I don't know what to do. My mom says to read 'the book'. She gave me a book from the seventies that tells you what phases boys go through. It certainly tells you that but it doesn't tell you what to do about it.

I talked to my go-to friend tonight-the one who is doing all of this boy raising before me and she said, "That's so boy". So I guess, that's my answer and all I can do is continue on through this boy raising journey.

No comments: