Saturday, July 29, 2006

FINALLY! I have been waiting to start posting since I decided to do this over a margarita last week. My husband and baby are out doing some male bonding at Lowe's - looking for a shovel to tear out what's left of our garden in the back patio after Katrina. I think this is the first time that I have ever been alone in my house since W was born. So here I sit with my iced coffee typing away. I have to say I am anxious-that I won't have enough time- but isn't that a recurring theme once you have a baby? enough time... I loooove being a mom and loooove being a stay at home mom but it's hard living in post K N.O. to find resources. For things to do in this 90 degree heat or even to hook up with other moms. I am that person you read about in fiction novels-the desperate mom on the street who stalks any and every mom they see with a new baby. I ALWAYS say hi but it's not always welcomed. That's okay-at first I was offended when another mom would shun me but I have learned that first time moms love to chat-if it's a 2nd or 3rd child there is not enough time to stop and chat They may be running home from the coffee shop hoping to sit in peace while the child is with the dad, or grandmother or just taking a nap. I don't take anything personally anymore. I've actually met a lot of mom's at P.J.'s. A good place to hang out in the morning. Especially now that W will sit in the highchair and eat his graham cracker while I talk about nothing and usually the same things with my friend. It's the highlight of my day, really.

Oh! They're back!

No comments: