Monday, October 26, 2009

NO NAP HELL, Have you heard of it?

Where have I been, you ask? I have been in NO NAP HELL! Can I be any clearer? I know so many of you have been in NNH longer than I have but I just never could imagine it. Well, now I don't have to. Don't get me wrong. I love the Little Buddy. He's my first baby and it probably could be a lot worse. I am just trying to adjust to this new phase in my life when I have one child not napping and another slumbering 2+ hours away. The first few weeks it was cake. I would put Pman down, turn on the tv for W (judge me, I don't care) and sit down to eat a late lunch, do my blogging, clean up around the house and read magazines. That has all changed since W has decided, how did he put it today? "I don't like tv anymore." No kidding. He simply follows me around asking me what I am doing? What are you doing now? Now, what are you going to do? Are you all done? Are you going to rest?

and today while I was in the shower I asked him to go play in his room.

"Are you almost done?" all in a whisper so we don't wake Pman .

I whispered back, "I still have to dry my hair. Why don't you go play in your room."
Still whispering, "I think I will just wait until you are done."
And all I can think about is that he is having nude images of his "could stand to lose a few" mother ingrained in his 4 year old mind! Like I told you...I am in NO NAP HELL! and I think he probably is too after watching me take a shower.

So I guess I just have to wait until we reach the next transition when Master P gives up his nap. and then what? DOUBLE NO NAP HELL!?!

P.S. Please know that this is all a little bit in jest. A little bit. W is an angel and it could be worse.
P.P.S. I took a risk today and bought A Taste of Thai Curry Paste that I found at Whole Foods. Sauteed some onions and shrimp and poured it all over rice and I was pleasantly surprised. Super spicy. Not for your taste bud sensitive kids but pretty good nonetheless, for a packed paste.

1 comment:

-e said...

that was/ is so funny and ah yes I remember those days well!