Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A Little Bit of a Break

Big sigh of relief! They are both at school and I am feeling good. Pman had his first day on Monday. Can't show you a photo because they broke my camera cord but he sure looked cute. What to do with myself.......Hmmmmm. A good friend said she was feeling empty having both kids in school. Me, not so much. I love them with all of my heart but I am ready for a little bit of a break. And believe you me, it really is a "little bit of a break" because before you know it they are out for conferences, and fall holiday and teacher development day. The list goes on.

But anyone who questions my loyalty as a mom should think twice. This time inspires me to not only be a better person, more fit, more patient and to pursue interests that I haven't had time for in the past 5 years but also and more importantly to be a better mom. After our morning away yesterday I sat on the floor and did a gargantuan puzzle with W. That took us forever but we had fun. Then we sat in the sun porch and read his new library books. It's been awhile since we spent quality time like that. We all played basketball with big tupper ware containers in the hallway. I admit, it started to go down hill about the time we went outside to blow bubbles. But up until then we were all happier and having more fun than we have had in a long time.

So welcome back all you moms who needed just a little bit of a break.

No comments: