Wednesday, August 25, 2010

You are not alone!

W is a nonstop chatterer. This from a child who didn't speak until well past 2. I mean, he goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on...you get my drift. He is a crazy talker. He asks a ton of questions, especially in the car. He is fascinated with the break, ignition, gas pedal, how fast we are going, the green lights, stopping at red lights. But he also just talks. It's almost like he just talking to hear himself talk. I do that every now and then so I am not judging. I mentioned this new phase to J and he said, "I know. I love it!" What a great dad. I do too but sometimes....well, I won't say it.

So this morning I was going through my emails, the ones that I skip over but have to get to at some point. The one from Baby Center said this:

"Ages 4 and 5 are sometimes called the chatterbox years. Talking is how your child gets a handle on the intricacies of the language and also learns, expresses new ideas, and forms social relationships. So be patient if your 5-year-old doesn't ever seem to pause. This is an important and necessary developmental stage-not to mention a fun one. Hearing her every thought expressed is like having a window into her brain!"

I like when I read stuff like this because I know I am not alone.


No comments: