Monday, June 09, 2008

An early father's day cheers.

I just finished reading Kate F.'s blog, one of my favorites and it reminded me of my fabulous dinner I made the other night. So New Orleans and so good albeit a big rich. J didn't enjoy it as much as I did being a midwesterner and all but it sure brought me back to Saturday morning's when I was a kid and my dad would make fried green tomatoes for us.

The reason I thought of making it is because my tomato plant is producing a buttload of tomatoes and 4 of them we picked off weren't ripening to red so I just fried them up with yellow cornmeal, salt and pepper, that's all and made Shrimp Remoulade to go on top. I wasn't sure that the Remoulade was up to par (I had to make 2 batches) so I didn't plate it as I envisioned with the shrimp on top of the tomatoes.

But cheers to Dad for raising me to be a good ole fried green tomato fryer. One of many, many, many reasons that I love him.

No comments: