Monday, June 30, 2008

"Finger Food'

I made the most delicious dinner last night. It was a recipe from this last issue of Gourmet Magazine for Chicken tostadas. and it turned out just like the photos. It wasn't quick like they said, a lot of prep but well worth it. It was so easy though that I am using the chicken and sauce again tonight and mixing it with pasta instead of making tostadas. It was very versatile.

I had to use a jalapeno pepper in place of a Serrano Chile because our supply of Chile's is pitiful around here. But it still worked.

I know that Uncle RaRa and I devoured ours. We used our hands and just chowed down. It was quite messy but scrumptious. J is a Midwesterner and I have found that they (sorry for generalizing and please feel free to put in your 2 cents if you think I am wrong) don't like to eat with their hands. You know, we grew up picking a lot of crawfish, shrimp and crab so it's just second nature to me. I even think J eats ribs with a knife and fork. But believe me, some things are just easier when you classify them as finger food. Then you can go to town without any utensils getting in the way.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yum! i want the recipe! i heard about your dad's mousse he "wore" on their anniversary! yikes!