Wednesday, May 13, 2009

My boys are growing up. It seems like everyday they look different now. W's legs are getting long and gangly, his face is maturing and Master P looks more mischievous by the hour. I hate to see them grow up. I hate to see them grow up because I will miss my babies but I also hate it for them when they will have to deal with grown up issues. Right now they are so footloose and fancy free.

They have not a care in the world except whether they will get to eat 2 mini cupcakes instead of one. Of course W is inching over that line of foot looseness as he starts to learn to swim and potty train. He's can't live as near the edge as Pman but those are the most of his worries.

Their birthdays are both coming up and while it seems like they have only been here for a short time it seems like they have been my boys forever. Even just a year ago they are a blur to me.

And while I am not in a hurry for them to grow up, W is. He is busy listing all of the foods that will make him big and strong....french fries and veggie nuggets and grilled cheeses and vitamins and of course.....wine. Maybe I should ditch my nightly glass so he doesn't get the wrong idea or at least wait until he goes to bed. He is also talking about what he wants to be when he grows up. One time it was a tractor driver. The latest is a dirt digger on the streetcar track.

Pman like I said is quite a little pistol. He has taken to mocking everyone around him. The last time W cried (he was the cause of it mind you) he stopped in his tracks, turned around, made this horrifically fake looking scowl and pretended to cry as W was sobbing in my arms.

Another time he was in a staring contest with an older boy. It went on for a minute or two when WHAM! Pman slapped him up side the head. B.A.D. I tell you. Sometimes it seems cute but when you really get down to it it is kind of troubling. I don't want to be the kind of mom who promotes the badness because she thinks it's so funny. But it's tempting.

So it seems we have a lot of growing up going on over here although there personalities are still quite the same. We've got sweet and salty.

No comments: