Sunday, November 15, 2009

John Besh's Domenica

I have a new favorite restaurant. I have been trying to decide all morning if I was honestly able to give this distinction to John Besh's Domenica or not. You see, the atmosphere sucks. J said it better while were sitting there, "I feel like I am sitting in a Sheraton dining room." Exactly. But the food was undeniably delicious. The menu could be treated as a tapas menu. Although we did share an appetizer and a dessert among the four of us, we each got our own dishes. I started with a small portion of Burrata mozzarella. I can never pass it up. It's my hands down favorite cheese. and they served it appropriately, drizzled with olive oil and garlic rubbed bruschetta on the side. MMMMMMMM..........MMMMMMMMMMMM! I had another small plate for my entree and it was the right decision. The large plate would have been too much and too rich but if and when you go you HAVE to get the Stracci with the oxtail ragu and fried chicken livers. Tangy and rich. J got a prosciutto pizza and I can still taste the freshness. Oh my. Aunt Liz said that they supposedly have one of the only fancy Italian pizza ovens in the city. and if that's what made the pizza the way it was, I want to buy one. It was crispy and light but the dough didn't get soggy under its toppings.

It's been awhile since I have been able to say that I had a truly memorable meal at a restaurant. And it's saying a lot that the neither the poor atmosphere nor bad service clouded my judgement. Make a reservation, try it out and make sure to tell them you don't want to sit at the table by the side door.

No comments: