Friday, January 22, 2010

Slow cooker Pulled beef tacos

After another week of viruses swirling around the house I was finally able to cook dinner, other than eggs, last night. I came across a really simple recipe while reading the Living section of the paper. It's so simple I am not even providing you a link to the recipe. But first let me say,
"OMG! Why hasn't anyone told me the joys of cooking with a slow cooker?!?" My crockpot is my hero and will be your hero too if you a. are a stay at home mom sinker deeper and deeper into the depths of the witching hour as you try to placate your cranky and hungry kids and cook supper at the same time or b. if you are a working mom who is just too tired to cook dinner at the end of a long day. Never fear, Nola Mom is here to tell you, if you don't have a crockpot go out right now and buy one.

Okay-the recipe.
Rump Roast Soft Tacos

1 rump roast
1 15 oz. jar of salsa
2 onions, sliced
1/2 of a beer
5 cloves of garlic
1 tablespoon oil
Salt and pepper
1 tablespoon cumin

Taco toppings (can be prepared ahead)
Guacamole-store bought or fresh
diced tomatoes
diced red onion
shredded cheese
chopped cilantro


Put the oil at the bottom of your crockpot to prevent sticking.
Shove all of the ingredients into the crockpot.
Turn it on high for about 6 hours and then turn down to low until you are ready to eat.
At that point, quickly shred the rump roast in the pot with a fork.

Put meat and onions on a warm tortilla. Then top with preferred taco toppings. Delicious!

I changed a few things in the ingredient list. I wanted to add garlic but forgot and I only used 1 onion and it was still awesome but I think it will be better with the added extras.

1 comment:

-e said...

Yum! I will email you my boys' favorite slow cooker dinner.