Sunday, August 30, 2009

Is it the Swine Flu?

This is going to be a quick post since we have other things to deal with around here but I thought some info that I just found out would be helpful. W is sick and we thought is was just a bad cold on Friday but yesterday afternoon he had a fever and all of the other symptoms of the swine flu. We won't know until tomorrow if that is what he has but someone was asking me what the incubation period was. I didn't know but found an article in the Washington Post that said it is the same as the regular flu, about 1-3 days. For more information see the whole article.

If W does indeed have the virus, it is a relatively mild case. He feels pretty pooky and sounds just awful. His throat hurts and you can see the sick in his eyes, if you know what I mean. He is still playing and singing and bugging Pman. Of course, he is very sensitive and cries a lot but he is not totally lethargic and non-responsive.

Anyway, I will update again after our doctor's visit tomorrow.

2 comments:

-e said...

I think Jack has it too. 66 kids were absent from the jr high today and that doesn't count all the kids that checked out sick. Hope W feels better soon and pman doesn't get it!

NolaMom said...

66 kids! That is crazy. Keep me posted, e!