Thursday, December 11, 2008

I swear I saw it first-the snow-that is. J and W had just left for school. I was making my iced coffee and I happened to look out the window and saw that it was raining but that the rain never made it to the ground. Wait. That's not rain!!!!!! THAT'S SNOW!!! I called my mom-that's rain, she said. I called my friend-she said the same. and J had already said the same when I called him to make sure W saw. and then.... they all called me back. Except for J who wasn't enthused at all. He said we were "rookies". OK big guy, who grew up in the mid west. The least he could have done was be excited for those of us who a. haven't seen snow yet (like W and Porter) and b. all New Orleanians who get to see it in their tropical city once every five years if we're lucky. Anyway, it started pouring snow and I finally decided to rush to school so I wouldn't miss out on my baby's face seeing snow for the first time.



And here is our mess of a overgrown backyard that actually looks pretty and peaceful thanks to the fallen snow.



And one of our roses.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That picture of W is so absolutely perfect bliss... it would have made the perfect Christmas card if Pman was in it! -e

Anonymous said...

That picture of W is so absolutely perfect bliss... it would have made the perfect Christmas card if Pman was in it!

Jennifer said...

I from N.O. well actually live in Slidell and LOVED the snow but lil boy HATED it!!