Sunday, June 07, 2009

Disney's Up

I've loved tv since I can remember. I would watch in a total trance and although I am easily distracted from anything else, I never was when I was watching tv. It drove my parents mad. I remember the time they locked the armoire that held the tv so I couldn't watch The Brady Bunch. I was furious and just looking back on it I get kind of peeoed. It's not like today where they run rerun after rerun. It came on once a day. I don't see what the big deal was. Eventually they moved all of the comfy furniture from the tv room/sunporch so that it would deter us from watching the "boob tube" as they called it. It didn't.

W was a late watching kid. I don't think he started watching it with interest until he was about 2 and a half but now....I see myself heading down the same path as my parents but I am not there yet. I still get a kick out of him when he giggles at Elmo and eats pancakes because Caillou does. He only watches PBS and he has seen one movie, The Jungle Book, that he gets to watch on special occasions. Until today. He saw his first movie on the big screen. Disney's Up. I truly think he was more excited about the escalator ride, the super sized bag of M&M's and the commercial then he was the about the movie. He watched the whole thing with interes though. I do want to thank all of those people who told me they took their children to see it but failed to tell me it was a bit scary for a 3 year old. He doesn't seem disturbed yet but he does seem concerned about our house "blowing away" and then "breaking". I am hoping that he didn't quite get that the man's childhood sweetheart died and that he complete and utter fear of dogs doesn't linger any longer than need be because of the angry, scary killer dogs in the movie.

We still had a great time and it was a good movie overall and I can add it to the list of W's firsts.

No comments: