Friday, March 07, 2008

I’m guilty. I admit it. I am guilty of being a bad driver, although I am much more aware of my surroundings now that I have 2 kids in the car. Well, if I’m not on my cell phone I am. It’s awful I know. J gets very miffed at me about the whole situation. He knows that A. I have constant road rage and B. that I am ALWAYS on my cell phone. He caught me one day leaving the house. He saw me out the window getting on my phone even before I got in the car. (To see me he would have had to go out of his way to spy on me out the window.) Anyway, I am guilty. I know it and I can’t do anything about it. It’s an addiction. I can’t let it go. And it’s gotten worse having 2 kids. There is rarely a time that I can talk on the phone, catch up, shoot the shit, and gossip uninterrupted to my hearts content except in the car. I have put a check on my road rage and I have gotten better for the sake of my kids. But one thing at a time.

P.S. The NY Times had an article about using cell phones and said that drivers on cell phones drive 2 mph slower. I believe it because everyday I am honking and screaming at yahoos behind the wheel who are on their phones inching along when I have someplace to be. (Really, I have gotten the road rage under control…I’m trying)

No comments: