Thursday, March 13, 2008

What doesn't kill us

only makes us stronger. So I've heard.

Every morning is such a hassle. I dread it. Getting W dressed. It's a fight each and every time and I have tried every tactic. I've tried being super upbeat "Let's get dressed! Yay! We're going to the park!" I've tried dominatrix "We are getting dressed now or else." I've tried timeouts "If you don't get dressed you are going in time out. This is your warning." This usually leads to a 45 minute time out which doesn't really help when we have someplace to be. I've tried avoiding the issue and just picking him up to get him dressed. Sometimes that works. and I have tried letting him do it himself. This morning I finally resorted to mean mom. I strapped him down on the changing table (thank goodness we still use it) and just dressed him. I was sweating by the time it was all over. and I took away his tv priveleges. He doesn't watch a lot. 2-3 shows a day. Is that alot? But he loves it and talks back and forth to Elmo on Sesame Street. So no tv today. I am not sure who I am punishing more. Me or him. The first thing fellow mom asked me when I told her what I did, "What are you going to do in the afternoon?" and I was seriously worried. I was worried about that witching hour when he is getting riled up and cranky and I am trying to simultaneously feed Master P, cook supper, keep W satisfied and happy AND enjoy my evening glass of vino. Luckily, I am saved. This time. Mimi and Papa are coming to get him to play. Next time I'll tell you what I did. I am sure there will be a next time.

No comments: