Friday, September 19, 2008

Clancys, How to cheer up a boy, Heart attack symptoms

I've been really tired this week. It's been a hard one kid wise. W is in a non sharing obstinate mode and Porter must be teething so is super whiny. Always up my butt crying after me. It's very draining. I was really looking forward to last night. J was coming home early to take W for a hair cut and Pman and I were meeting them for dinner out. Yay! Yay!

or not.

J called around 3pm to say that he had to change the haircut. I thought I was going to cry. I am surprised I didn't. Maybe because before the tears started falling he said, "Be ready at 5." Turns out he planned a night out for me. Wahoooooo! and wait, this is the best. He called the babysitter!!!! What a guy. and he's mine!

We had a fabulous time. We went for a drink at Houston's because there is nothing else open that's not full of smoke at 5. But my wine was delicious. We had a great time and then we went to Clancy's!

..........

When I picked up W from school the teacher told me that he was sad for a bit on the playground. He was crying under the play structure. Both teachers tried to hug him and he didn't want any part of that. and then his friend A came to the rescue! She went under and started hugging all over him. The teacher was worried that W didn't want that either but she said he cheered up right away and A got him to come out and play. Doesn't that just warm your heart? I cried when I got in the car. I'm not sure if I cried because he was sad and wouldn't tell anyone why, or because of the sweetness of A or because of something unrelated to that, which brings me to my heart attack.

..........


Since Gustav I've been having chest pains. I thought it was heartburn at first but now I get them at any time of day or night. and it's always different. Sometimes it's a sharp pain, others it's a tightening of the chest (like today which lasted at least an hour) and sometimes it feels like heartburn. I'm a pretty healthy person. I eat super healthy (except on Sat. and Sun.) so I just can't figure it. It's got me freaked out because my grandfather died really young of heart disease. My dad asked me if I was having shortness of breath. I wasn't until he asked me. Now I am wondering if this is all in my head. Oh, and my hands are numb sometimes too. Anyway, not to worry. I am going to the Dr. next week. It's really nothing to take lightly, either. So see below if you are having signs of a heart attack. I got this off of americanheart.org

  • Chest discomfort. Most heart attacks involve discomfort in the center of the chest that lasts more than a few minutes, or that goes away and comes back. It can feel like uncomfortable pressure, squeezing, fullness or pain.
  • Discomfort in other areas of the upper body. Symptoms can include pain or discomfort in one or both arms, the back, neck, jaw or stomach.
  • Shortness of breath with or without chest discomfort.
  • Other signs may include breaking out in a cold sweat, nausea or lightheadedness

No comments: