Monday, September 22, 2008

No rest for the weary

It was a long, fun weekend and by 9:00 last night I was ready for bed. As I checked my email one last time I glanced behind the computer and saw it. The frickin' notice to make play dough-a room mom duty. I said I would do it (be a room mom) and would be superb at the role so I lumbered wearily back downstairs to make the home made stuff. By the end of it all I was skipping back and forth from the kitchen to the den to let J know just how proud I was of myself. It worked! My green play dough is now waiting at school to be mushed and prodded and probably eaten by all of W's class.

I just got back from the cardiologist. I feel kind of stupid but I am glad I went. I am getting more tests done because of the history of heart disease in the family but in so many words he said it was from carrying Pman around. He said a lot of women who have babies that are old enough to be heavy but not yet walking get chest pains. Interesting, eh? So looks like at the least I can garner some sympathy from J and the rest of the fam for carrying around 21 pounds of heft day in and day out.

But he's almost there. He's a bit late for this family but I can tell he's about to start walking or atleast pulling up to his feet instead of just his knees. Now he pulls up to one knee and one foot. Come on, boy! You can do it, if just for mama's heart.

and if you are in the market for making play dough, here's the recipe:
3 cups flour
1 1/4 salt
3 cups water
6 tblsp. cooking oil
6 tblsp. cream of tartar
vanilla extract or mint (optional)
food coloring (optional)

Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Then mix until creamy with a hand held mixer. Dump in a pan on the stove and let it cook on low until if forms a lump. Dump it on the counter, let cool and then knead away. Store in an airproof container.

You don't need to stir it at all. Just let it cook.

No comments: