Saturday, July 12, 2008

Facebook

I do not get it. I am a fairly new member and I am trying to figure it out. But I just can't. The sad thing is is that it's like crack. I am addicted to it. I sit and wait and wait some more-for new photos, status updates, whatever. I'm like a dog waiting for a bone. If you are not familiar with the Facebook phenomenon I will try and explain it to you. But I am not making any promises that you will understand it any better than I do.

You see, you have friends. Only your friends can see your stuff. And then I guess by using six degrees of separation theory Facebook sends you pictures of people you may know and then you can 'friend' them too. The first few days I was a member I was 'friended' by people that I wouldn't even email. I thought it was so weird. Now I am that crazy stalker trying to get more 'friends'. I am just trying to keep up with the Joneses. The Joneses have something like 400 'friends'. I barely have 17. and that took an effort.

Anyway, my point is..I sit and wait for these status updates. Let me give you an example of a status update:

Jane is just finished taking a dump.
Bill is going out to dinner.
Amanda is about to go party with her friends.

That's what I sit waiting for. and when there is an update. Wahooooo! I get so excited. But pissed at the same time. Pissed that I have checked this stupid thing 10 times in the last 30 minutes and even more peeoed that I am excited that I just found out that Jane just finished her business.

If anyone can shed some light on this phenomenon for me, I would be most pleased.

No comments: