Tuesday, July 29, 2008

J told me one day that to get a recipe shown on America's Test Kitchen that you had to subscribe to Cook's Magazine, which I have always liked but it kind of pissed me off. I forgot about it. I have way too many other recipes that I want to try to lose any sleep over it but....it still sat wrong with me. That they just couldn't share their recipes with the common folk like the food channel and any other businesses concerned with good PR do.

Then I read the post from Appetites about their claim of copyright infringement over a stupid potato salad recipe that some food blogger modified. It made me even more peeoed and I don't think I can watch the show anymore. It makes me sad because I really like the show and enjoy the magazine and even bought their cookbook for J a few years back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you can view the recipes for free, but to do so you have to give them your name, address, etc., and they start sending you the magazine.
J