Thursday, November 13, 2008

Clutter Control

Did anyone else see Oprah yesterday? It was all about clutter. I watched it last night while waiting for Top Chef and I was so inspired. They made it look easier than it is-clearing out clutter-but I made the effort-I got up and dejunked the toy basket in the den. We did it in half an hour. This morning I started the overwhelming task of organizing our office. My goal was to have it finished first in July and then October and now here we are in the middle of November. Getting started is the hardest part.

While in my cleaning frenzy I have to stop every few minutes to procrastinate (checking email, facebook, daily blogs) and I added Absolutely Beautiful Things to my blog roll. She's a designer in Australia- a world away from New Orleans and I always enjoy reading her blog. I just always forget the name so I finally added it to my list.

Back to organizing!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read a book once abt clutter--that we keep some things for emotional reasons and that isn't necessary. It blew me away. Really, changed my life. Now if I can just get CS to read it!!!

NolaMom said...

Oh, J is all about cleaning up clutter, so he says but last night I asked him if we should keep such and such, his response was to put it in the attic.

Great! Let's just move it someplace else.

Anonymous said...

Rotating toys between living space and the attic reduces clutter in the living area and makes the kids appreciate the toys more when they come out of storage and replace others they've grown used to -- they light up when they see a toy they haven't played with for a while. Lots of experts recommend this. See http://www.mommytrackd.com/Tackle-the-toys

NolaMom said...

While I agree that rotating toys makes them appreciates them more, the toy that I was referring to was one that had outworn its welcome and it was time to retire it. If you kept all of the toys that we acquired over the years we would be up to our eyeballs in kid crap.

Anonymous said...

I wish the clutter crew in their volkswagons would drive up to my house and save my family from me!

NolaMom said...

I really wish the Clutter crew would make it by here but I have no chance on such a random street! But a girl can dream.