Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Chicken and brine and soggy skin

Someone inquired about the results of my chicken brining project. I didn't live up to my post. I neither keep you posted nor took photos. But I can tell you that it was delicious. The bird was the most tender bird I have ever put in my mouth. The seasoning was just right and I can't wait to do it again. The only issue was the soggy skin. I like my chicken skin crispy. Any other way I get totally grossed out. So next time I will do one thing differently.

I will take the chicken from the brine and pat it dry. Then I will let it sit for a few minutes and pat it dry again and a third time for good measure. Hopefully that will allow for most of the moisture to drain from the bird and I can get a good crisp on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The brined chicken was outstanding.
J