Wednesday, March 11, 2009

One day I am bored out of mind (see post) and the next I am giddy watching the world through the eyes of a 3 and half year old. I know how lucky I am to have my boys but sometimes I have to remind myself to stop and truly enjoy them. It's easy to get caught up in the boredom of day to day life and preoccupy myself with cooking and cleaning and cleaning and cleaning. I am not a neat freak by any means but sometimes I can't help but feel that I am suffocating in Clorox wipes. Anyway, today was one of those days that I was suffocating until John came home and told me I could go running. I got halfway down the block and realized that I had just had a snack and ton of water and I could feel the cramp setting in and well, I just wasn't in the mood. I turned around, went home and put my earphones in W's ears while he was eating and he was....well, giddy. and I was giddy watching him.


It just goes to show that I have to let my hair down and be spontaneous with them even if it's as simple as shoving ear phones in their ears. Especially on the days that I have stepped in wild cat poo in my yard and got it not only on my shoe but all over my legs and my house. That's a whole 'nother story entirely.

No comments: