Friday, March 27, 2009

Not so little anymore

I have a new kind of leverage around here with W. I have to admit that I thought it was really cute last night when he said it for the first time. and I got kind of weepy. It was just yet another moment in time that reminded me that my baby is growing up.

W climbed out of his bath and I wrapped him up in the towel. I don't remember exactly what I said but it was something like, "you are my cute little baby".

"I am not little!" he snapped. "I am big. P is your little baby."

He's right. He's not little anymore...although he will always be my little baby. So, yes, I was sad and it still makes me sad thinking that he is old enough to not want to be my little boy anymore. But oh, the leverage it gives me. My mind is racing. How can I use this to my advantage? The first thing that came to mind was using it to convince him to poo poo in the potty. Only little babies poo poo in their underwear. Big boys poo poo in the potty. Right? Are you with me?

No comments: