Sunday, August 24, 2008

Ear PIckin'

This is probably a post of which J wouldn't approve but it's very near and dear to my heart so I have to do it.

I love to pick at ears. My own and my boys especially. W's ears secrete an amazing amount of wax. I don't know why. I treasure the ear picks the doctors have and would do anything to have one. I don't stick anything in their ears except for my pinky fingernail. I know it's dangerous so I don't even use cuetips. Just the occasional wash with the wash rag and my fingernail. W used to not tolerate it too well so I made a game out of it. I pick his ears and say, "EEEEWWWW!" and show him what I got and he then says "EEEEWWWW!" back. The greatest moment though was the other day when I picked a mound of wax out of his ear and he said, "That's a good one!". He's a man after my own heart.

I just hope that he doesn't pass it on to other kids. If your kid knows mine you may want to encourage him to cover his ears when W is around because he seems to enjoy it as much as I do. You never know when he might stick a finger in your child's ear. But all in all, it's good for the community. It takes a village...... to keep ears clean.

No comments: