Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Super Room Mom

I returned a phone call about 30 minutes ago.
"Hey Room Mom", she said.
"What?! Are you kidding?"
She wasn't.
Our kids will be in the same class at school this year. We had discussed what we would be willing to do. That was, help out the room moms if they needed help for any holiday parties. The Room Mom position was a slim possibility. ONLY if no one else signed up for it. So C had the last time slot at orientation today. No one else had signed up and yes, she volunteered us to do it.

and let me tell you. I am going to be the best damn Room Mom the fishies have ever seen!

Do you know me? If you do, you know that it will take quite the effort on my part. I'm not the most positive kid on the block. If you're a fan, you probably already know that. Don't get me wrong. I think I am a pretty good mom when it really comes down to it. But a Room Mom? I quit the Jr. League if that says anything. I have no idea what this Room Mom thing entails but I am deciding from this moment forward that we will go down in the history books as the best. You just wait. Before you know it I will have a new blog. Roommom.com It will tell you how you too can find that inner Room Mom in you.

2 comments:

renee culotta said...

I am laughing hysterically!! Literally I am on the ground. You WILL be the best room mom!! I am willing to help with pumpkin decorating (as long as it is not too, too craftsy), grandparents day and teacher appreciation week. You go girl!!

NolaMom said...

I really is kind of funny, I have to admit.