Monday, May 07, 2007

Home grown herbs

Awhile back we planted some basil and rosemary. W loves sniffing them and he loves sitting on the stoop next to the basil.


Last week when I went to the grocery I paid attention to the price of bell peppers. Usually I just buy them. I like the red ones the best and they are so good for you. We eat them in everything, sandwhices, salads etc. But for some reason happened to notice that they were $5.00 per pound. and one pepper is almost 3/4 of a pound. Ridiculous. I settled for a green one. But saturday we went to Lowes to get a thousand lightbulbs since almost every single on in the house is out and another one blows out each day and we bought yellow pepper plants (they didn't have red). So now I can eat them to my hearts content and not have to pay an arm and leg for it. Atleast I can in about 75 days.

No comments: