Sunday, May 20, 2007

Tomatoe, Basil and Fresh Mozzarella pasta

I made the pasta that Kate F. wrote about in her blog. I tried to make something similar once when I was younger and it never came out as I tasted it in my mind so it was helpful to have her directions. It was perfect and great for leftovers. I did add one ingredient to marinate with the tomatoes, salt and olive oil. Garlic. I minced it, super fine, sprinkled it with a bit of sea salt and olive oil and then mushed it up with the blade of my knife. We had it with a filet on Friday night (I cook a mean steak in my cast iron skillet (and then over roasted).) Today we had it for lunch ( I asked J to take it out of the ice box while I was working out so that it would come back to room temp) with fried eggs on top. If you like eggs, it's a great combo. So thanks Kate F. The dish came out as I had tasted it in my mind.

1 comment:

Kate F. said...

Hurray! I'm glad it worked. I made it again Friday, this time with fresh mozzarella. It was much better, I have to say! Next time I'll add garlic; that sounds great.