Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Me and my shadow

Today was a good day. The Little Buddy and I had a great time-of course we had our ups and downs but mostly ups. He slept in so J, who has been getting up with him in the morning since he is the world's greatest husband, didn't get a chance to give him breakfast. So instead of his usual cookie snack at the coffee house he ate a big, fat, 25 grams of fat, blueberry muffin. He thoroughly enjoyed it, as would've I. He was awfully patient. He sat in a highchair and waited for me, almost 10 minutes, for me to get my coffee and his muffin. He people watched and didn't make a peep-smiled occasionally and high-fived the odd, but nice lady we see there most mornings.

Then we had to go to his 21 month check up. Luckily, we were the only ones in the office. I'm neurotic about catching something from there. We sanitized our hands atleast 3 times while we were there. He had no tolerance for the doctor's shenanigans. Screamed bloody murder and he didn't even get a shot. It really was very sad and I felt so helpless.

BUT, he was glad to leave and we made a stop at the park for 20 minutes on the way home. A quick one because prego mama had to once again go to the bathroom for the 20th time. Then we made our way to the library. That was really fun and we didn't let the fact that there was no AC, a rude librarian and dead roaches in the stacks take away from it. I'm glad we went because he had a field day rummaging through the children's books, coloring at the pint sized table and running through FICTION pushing the books through to the other side. The rude librarian would not have been pleased. Don't worry, I picked them up.

When we got home I was starvin' marvin. I was super excited to eat a meatloaf sandwhich (we had meatloaf the night before) and gave the LB a snack. Then we both took a nap.

At 3 he woke up and we played around. I wanted to go get ice cream-never got around to it-but we laughed and laughed and laughed-it all started when I swatted a fly on the wall....

We went for a walk in the late afternoon. When we got home W sat on the stoop. It must run in the family. We love a good stoop sittin' in the afternoon. Preferably with a bottle of wine but that will have to wait until October. It's one complaint I have about our new house-there is not much of a stoop, but we make do.

So our day was full. Me and my shadow laughed for what seemed like all day. I can't wait for tomorrow.

No comments: