Wednesday, January 16, 2008

After I got the LB out of his raincoat and his winter coat I uncovered a necklace around his neck. It was on a red yarn....and then I saw it. The dreaded king cake baby. Ughhhhh!! For non locals-We eat king cakes during carnival and they are stuffed with plastic babies. If you get the baby, you have to bring the next king cake. So the only thing I can assume is that W got the baby.

So I asked him.
"W, did you eat kingcake today?"
"Deeedum doo la la blah"
"W, did you get the baby in the kingcake today?"
"Blah, dum uh?"

I'm not sure yet if he got the kingcake baby or they made these necklaces in honor of Mardi Gras. Maybe I'm just being dense. I don't know but I know that I'm not looking forward to buying the kingcake because it will only be another temptation to buy one for the house. Since 12th night hit I have been rushing past the cakes in the grocery saying to myself, "They will be there next year." Because in my journey to hot mom status, I definitely cannot eat kingcake. But boy do I want to.

No comments: