Friday, January 11, 2008

I never liked scary movies or books. I classify a scary movie not as just a horror flick but as a tear jerker, or a drama where there is too much gore and death or really anything that is not a feel good movie. But now that I'm a mom I have a lot less tolerance for them. I can think of 3 books that I've read in the past few months that I classify as scary. They all have to do with children and their misfortunes and I am still having nightmares.

My Sister's Keeper
The Memory Keeper's Daughter
A Thousand Splendid Suns
The last book is the same author who wrote the Kite Runner, and I had such nightmares. It was awful. J would turn off his light and I couldn't put it down and wouldkeep reading about the horrors of these children and then when I could finally tear myself away from the pages I would turn off my light, check on my babies and scooch so close to J hoping to block the images from my mind.

I just finished watching Grey's Anatomy that I tivoed last night and I almost broke down sobbing watching Dr. Bailey watch her baby come into the ER. Oh my gosh, what a nightmare. I have to stick to feel gooders from now on-Books, tv shows, movies, whatever. It's all too much for me.

1 comment:

Veronica said...

I am reading The Memory Keeper's Daughter right now.