Friday, January 04, 2008

Bye Bye Bottle

The pediatrician told me to take W's bottle away. I know, it's ridiculous, he's over 2 and shouldn't be drinking from a bottle. But he was only drinking his milk in the morning and at night from a bottle. He's not a huge eater so it kind of gave me piece of mind knowing that at least he was getting his milk. The dr. said that his body would insist on drinking milk and would not give it up all together. And then, Master P came along. I am so tired of washing breast pump parts and baby bottles and W's bottles. Not to mention that they were getting kind of gross and I don't want to buy more when he shouldn't even be drinking from them in the first place. So last night I did it. I bit the bullet. I was getting his milk and he was laughing and joyfully screaming as he always does when it's that time. I showed him the bottle-said "Bye Bye, Bottle!" and he screamed, "Bye!Bye!" over and over again. I poured it into a sippy cup and he took off running to wait for J to come in from taking out the trash, with a smile on his face and his sippy cup of milk in his hand.

He took 2 sips of milk and then was done.

This morning he took a few sips of his milk and then was done.

I'm afraid that not only is it "Bye Bye, Bottle" but "Bye Bye, milk" too.

No comments: