Friday, September 07, 2007

In the News: Stress and Anxiety

I came across this article in the New York Times online about Anxiety Disorders. I shouldn't have read it. You think I'm anxious now....

It mentions how mother's who have just given birth are particularly at risk for OCD. Can I get any worse? I promised myself that I wouldn't do any of my OCD habits while I was pregnant. I broke that promise and now I'm super worried wondering can it get any worse?

It's an interesting article, though. Especially as it relates to children. I hope W doesn't have any of these issues but "One study reported a higher rate of crying and an impaired ability to adapt to new situations in infants of mothers who had been stressed and anxious during pregnancy." if my worry during this pregnancy is any indication like the article says, the new baby doesn't stand a chance.

No comments: