Thursday, June 14, 2007

The Terrible Twos?

It wasn't that long ago that I was writing about how the Little Buddy laughs at everything. His mood has changed and now he gets cross at almost everything. It changed on a dime and I am not sure why. I am betting that it's a phase and hope it ends soon. If something doesn't please him in the least bit he throws his bottle down, or starts to cry, or waves his hands in frustration (another mom thought that we taught him to sign when he responded to her question in this way) which basically means either go away or you're making me mad. I am having a tough time handling this new mood. I am not sure whether to ignore him or acknowledge his frustration. Neither response seems to work. I know sometimes it is frustration out of not using words, especially when he wants something from the kitchen, but frankly I am tired of guessing if he wants goldfish, raisins, grapes or bananas. I probably should just buck up for a few days and not respond until he talks, let the tantrums run full throttle and maybe, just maybe by the end of it he'll be talking and back to the sweet, laughing, laid back W that we all know and love. (although I will always love him no matter what).

No comments: