Saturday, June 16, 2007

It's a minor miracle for the nose

I'd like to share a story with you. Well, I should probably say, I'd like to share a story with you if you are pregnant or will be pregnant. I hope I don't offend anyone with TMI (too much information) but it's for your own sake. When I was pregnant with the LB I had a lot of nosebleeds. It's not unheard of for pregnant women, something about the swelling of veins etc. So now here I am pregnant again and yes, I am having the nosebleeds but in addition to that my nose is constantly stuffy. It doesn't bother me so much during the day. It's when I lay down to go to sleep at night that it becomes a problem. I have to lay in such a way that one hand is propped up against my nostril so that it widens it a bit and allows air to flow more freely. Blowing it doesn't work. So at bedtime every night I encountered this inconvenience until I found a solution. a miracle really. Breath Right Nasal Strips! It is unbelievable. The little tab you put over your nose is just firm enough that it doesn't lay totally flat. It kind of pops up on the sides while still being stuck to your nose which in turn pulls up your nostrils enough for you to be able to breathe. The first night I was in awe, truly. I even offered one to J. He declined but I felt like a new person. So if you are in the same boat I am and have not found a solution. Try it. and if you are not yet pregnant, remember this tip when you are.

No comments: