Monday, August 20, 2007

Library Etiquette

W and I went to the library this afternoon to get a book for me. I have just finished reading the best book I've read in awhile, My Sister's Keeper and wanted to get a book by the same author. W was beside himself when I pulled out the stroller. It's been forever since we've gone for a stroll. I try not to go outside much as this 100 degree heat induces swelling in my hands and I can't get my rings off. Anyway, so we strolled on over and headed up the stairs. I found my book quickly and we started back down the stairs. I stopped on the landing to check out the free magazines when W put his head between the banister railings and started screaming at everyone on the first floor. I guess he had something to say. I'm not sure what the 2 year old etiquette is for the library. AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! I always try to get him to whisper but then I feel bad because he looks at me like he's done something wrong and I know all he's trying to do is to get a point across.

It's still dirty in there. I don't think they ever clean, the floor, the carpet the stacks. But is anything ever cleaned in this city?

No comments: