Thursday, August 02, 2007

There's always tomorrow

W has such a great time at the end of the day, now. He used to eagerly go to bed. He'd giggle and wave night night and off he and J would go up the stairs for their bedtime ritual. But now he cries in frustration as if he can't believe we would take him away right when he is having such a fabulous time. and it's bitter sweet for me too. Last night when he and J were running around the house chasing after each other I had a rush of memories from when I was little. It was pure joy when my dad came home and we'd laugh and play hide and go seek or sing songs from the Family Songbook or just run around the house like J and W were doing. I remember it like it was yesterday. and now all of a sudden I feel bad for W that the fun has to end.

No comments: