Monday, October 27, 2008

For New Orleans foodies-Times Picayune restaurant guide

Ok. The Times Picayune's Lagniappe 2008 Fall Dining Guide came out this Sunday and I have to say that I am excited. I read it cover to cover and while there are things that I may not agree with both J and I can't wait to try some new places. Boy are we stuck in a rut. We went to Crepe Nanou Saturday night after a long hiatus and it's no surprise to me that it didn't make the 100 greatest restaurant list.

Moms, remember how chicken smelled to you when you were pregnant? Blah, makes you just wanna puke? That's how my roast chicken smelled and tasted. and oh, I'm not pregnant. The pommes frites were waaay over fried, almost burnt. J liked him because he likes a crispy fry but he has to admit, come on, you know you do, that they were beyond crispy. Anyway, I'm not here to talk about Crepe Nanou.

So as I was saying we are stuck in a rut. We always go to the same places and we have made a pact to try all, or almost all, (there are a few that I have no desire to go to), the restaurants listed. I'll keep you posted. It should be a fun and fattening year.

No comments: