Thursday, October 30, 2008

Why can't Halloween be more like Mardi Gras?

Y'all are going to think I'm crazy but I have to ask. When you go trick or treating, why couldn't people pass out mini pizzas or hamburger sliders, or a piece of cheese? They would be way more satisfying than a piece of chocolate. Less healthy, I admit, and a tad bit messy but I can do without the chocolate.

All the moms I talk to these days are berating themselves for eating all the candy they bought for Halloween. We have had a 12 pack of Reeses Peanut butter eggs in the house for ages and I think 2 are gone. But give me a pizza-chomp chomp-it has no chance of surviving. I think that's why I so look forward to Mardi Gras-the Popeye's, the mini muffalettas, the Le Popeye dip from Langenstein's. Now that's a holiday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm, Popeye's.