Tuesday, October 14, 2008

When it rains it pours. and that is the doggone truth in New Orleans. Whether we are talking about the rain or the crime. This past week we've had 2 incidents close to home and it's starting to affect my daily routine.
1. The attempting kidnapping of a girl at gunpoint while she was cooling down after running. Luckily she had the wherewithal to scream bloody murder. I don't know if I would have been that courageously smart.
2. The attempted robbery at Laurel Street Bakery at 11am this morning. HELLO!?! Policeman hang out at coffee shops. Lucky for us that they do and unlucky for your stupid wounded and caught ass that you didn't.

Anyway, I sometime have dreams of moving to a quiet and sleepy town that is clean and safe and beautiful. Not that NOLA isn't beautiful because it is but it seems like more and more it doesn't seem as beautiful because it's dirty and crime ridden.

We spent the weekend at a family wedding with Uncle RaRa and Aunt JoJo and they made me a bit envious by talking about living in a place like the above mentioned because I think they may really bite the bullet and move one day. So they can google all of their favorite places and America's best towns and dream dreams that are a little bit closer to reality.

Don't get me wrong. I love NOLA in all it's dirty crime ridden beautiful glory but I just wonder sometimes what it would be like to live somewhere else. A girl can dream, can't she?

No comments: