Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My dad called us the other night all in a tizzy about this new gadget he had seen on Oprah. My dad watches Oprah, you ask? Well, my dad watches whatever my mom makes him watch and this night it happened to be a tivoed episode of Oprah where she was pushing the Amazon Kindle.



He wants to buy us all one for Christmas and who am I to look a gift horse in the mouth. I had never heard of it but it sounded to good to me. And the more I have researched it I am super excited.

For those of you who don't watch Oprah or aren't technically savvy enough to know what it is..It's basically an e-notebook that downloads books. Don't worry it's the size of a small notebook. That was a worry of mine. I don't want to read books off of a blackberry sized thing. AND the big catch is that it is wireless so you don't have to sync up to a computer. You just pick a book and download it. There are no monthly fees. You just have to buy it AND the books are cheaper than they are in a bookstore AND for the environmentally conscious--you're saving paper.

Now I am a paper person. I like to thumb through pages as I am reading but I am so dang tired of
a. going to find a book at the bookstore that they don't have
b. having to wait for it to get here in the mail
c. not to mention that I am tired of my book bill. The last time I went to the bookstore I think I bought a book for Pman, a book for W and a book as a gift and it was 80 some odd dollars. Well, no more!

As of Christmas I will be an Amazon Kindle addict.
or maybe Christmas will come early. :) hint hint

No comments: