Monday, February 16, 2009

By God It's Cawnival Tiiiime!


I am finally in the Mardi Gras spirit. It took me until yesterday. Between me and you I was hoping the parade would get rained out but it didn't so we went to our first parade of the season. and it was awesome! We had a great place to watch it and we couldn't have asked for a more kid friendly parade. I think it was Carrollton? right? Anyway, W and Pman had a ball and are already looking forward to more.

So now I am ready. I am in the Mardi Gras dance spirit. You just wait, RaRa! This year they are going to be good I feel it. A Mardi Gras dance is very spontaneous. If they it is pre-choreographed, it kind of loses the point and the spirit of Mardi Gras. But every morning over Mardi Gras we start the morning out with a Mardi Gras Madras and a Mardi Gras Dance. It has long been Uncle RaRa's and my tradition and it will certainly be passed on to W and Pman.

The boys are at the perfect age. Pman has dropped his morning nap and he can sometimes hang way past even W. So we will be up and at 'em in the morning and we can all head back home full of beads and fun for our afternoon nap. I can't think of a more perfect way to do it-dancin' in the mornin'/nappin' in the afternoon. Could be a great song.

No comments: