Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Day is Done


WHEEEEEW! It's over, the carnival, and I, for one, couldn't be more bloated and fat and happy. I went to lunch filled with food and a lot of drinking twice last week and yesterday. I have been drinking every day and eating everything under the sun and I have DEFINITELY gained 5 pounds. So, thank you, God, for Lent. I am ready to sacrifice my may vices.

Each and every Lundi Gras we go with Uncle RaRa, Aunt JoJo et al to Commander's for lunch. Commander's couldn't find our reservations or we simply forgot to make them so we had to go to Arnaud's. At first I was a bit miffed about the situation but on Monday morning I was kind of glad to be going into the Quarter. Arnaud's was bright and festive and I was happy to be there. The food wasn't anything to ooh and ahh over, and not just because every third dish was Pompano (did you know that I hate Pompano? It just wasn't up to par but we had a blast. The wine and Champagne was delicious. The company could't have been better and we ended the meal with a strong citrus Cafe Brulot. For those who don't know, Cafe Brulot is a blend of Creole coffee and vermouth or brandy infused with cinammon and orange peel. Delish but very strong. Just a warning. It's not wise to drink it late afernoon. I did not sleep one wink last night. I kid you not. I was sick and hungover from all the drinking but the coffee kept me up ALL FREAKING NIGHT.

Anyway, Happy Mardi Gras! The boys had a fab time but I'll say it again. I'm glad it's over. All W's loot is going in the trash (sshhhhh! He doesn't need to know) It stinks and I don't need any remnants of last weeks debauchery hanging around. The boys had a ball and I although I am grateful for myself that it's over, but at the end of the day I am sad for them that the joy they experienced the past few days is done.

No comments: