Monday, September 11, 2006

Advice for my son

We tried to order from Five Happiness last night. They were closed!!! It was Sunday night! So we called August Moon, reluctantly. CLOSED! How are they staying in business? When else do people eat Chinese Food? I thought it was a Sunday night thing and so did my mom. She was just as shocked when I told her they were closed on Sunday. Her response was, "Sunday? that's when you eat Chinese food." Maybe it's a family thing but that's when we ate Chinese in college too, Sundays. I'm outraged. I do know that China Orchid is open. We made the mistake of ordering from there one Sunday, of course, when we thought Five Happiness just hadn't reopened yet. It was very unappetizing. My next choice was... you guessed it...Mexican but J is a bit od'd on it, I think. I have heard there is a good place on Vets but I'd rather just eat Mexican before I drive too far on a Sunday night. Maybe that's enough to get J to drive out there though. So we ended up with Theo's. Delicious as always. They got our salad order wrong, but the pizza more than made up for it.

Oh, so my advice to W once he grows up and goes away to college:

Pick a different night for Chinese eating and you won't be dissapointed.

No comments: