Thursday, September 14, 2006

Super Mom

I feel like a bad mom. I am such a person of habit and I am worried that it will bring my baby down. We do pretty much the same thing everyday with a play group and play dates thrown in there from time to time. This afternoon we went walking because it was only 90 degrees with 99% humidity instead of 91 degrees and 100% humidity. But that was the "mix it up" of the day. I don't go to singing at the Parenting Center anymore because I feel like he always got sick from there. So we don't sing, we don't have any real "developmental" time and coffee and grocery shopping is his only stimulation. Storytime and gym rompers are on the same day as other things and I cannot make myself get into a bathing suit for swim lessons with strangers. What should I do? What should we do? What should moms do? I don't believe that we need to be scheduled with classes and structured activities all of the time but I wish there was something, anything, just one thing that fit in with our schedule.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am also not into baby groups besides playgroup and friends with kids. We use grandparent time a lot for a change of pace. Not just dropping baby off, mind you. Seeing how they interact with the baby gives me all kinds of new ideas. Plus we have an incrdible nanny who sings and does a bunch of things I am not good at. Don't stress, you'll figure it out.