Wednesday, September 06, 2006

This one's for Jean

I looooooooove my birthday. I don't like getting older but I love the day because it's one day that can be all about me. Really the only other daythat is all about you is your wedding. Mother's day doesn't really count because it's really about the family. So what happened yesterday made me sad because I know how much birthdays mean. One of my oldest and dearest friend's birthday was yesterday. I didn't forget. Really. I knew it was on the 5th. So I went about my day and tried to call her twice. But she's changed her cell phone number from the one she had for 20 years and I couldn't get the area code right. One time I got a man named Peter, I think. The other, nothing. But then! Relief! I realized it wasn't the 5th, it was the 4th so I had time to find the right area code. Whew. Last night I went to look at my calendar for whatever reason....IT'S THE 5TH!....AND 11:30pm EST! she lives in Boston. But I made it-she answered the phone and all was well. I am sorry, Jeanie, that you thought I didn't remember. and I hope you had a great whoopin' it up night!

No comments: