Friday, September 22, 2006

Sleepless in NOLA

I know something is wrong when W is not sleeping at night. He was up all night and so was I. 6:30 came quickly. When I woke up after 2hours of sleep and said that last night was a nightmare, J said, "Why?" I don't know how he does it but luckily for him he can sleep through it all. I was really worried. All sorts of things go through your head in the middle of the night. Did that fall give him a concussion? Is the heavy cream yogurt I gave him because I couldn't find regular tearing his stomach apart. Still not sure what the problem was but now I believe it's teething. He sure does have a lot of teeth coming in.

I went to the dermatologist this morning. J's office was closed unexpectantly due to some kind of fire so I didn't have to bring the baby. A huge relief and I have been dancing around all morning about having him for a long weekend even if it means he is working from home. It's nice to have him around. Anyway, two of my fingertips are really raw and cracked. I thought it was a fungus of some sort. Gross, but turns out it is just really dry skin. The doctor asked what my profession was? I told her, Mom. She said that explained it. I wash my hands too much. It's not necessary. W will live through a bit of dirt I guess and it was kind of a relief. I feel so much pressure to always have my hands and his clean. I carry around wet wipes and antibacterial stuff and wash, wash, wash. All the time. I don't use lotion because I wash my hands so much, what's the point? One of the creams she suggested was Aquaphor made by Eucerin. It's heavy duty and acts as a barrier to water. Anyway, I've used it once but it feels really good. You can get it on amazon-see link- or you can buy it at CVS in a smaller tube, which is where I got it.

I guess I should put a disclaimer about washing your hands. That's just what she said and I am going with it. But I am sure there are all kinds of opinions out there about hand washing.

Oh. The Saints game is on Monday night football as I am sure everyone knows. I am not particularly excited about the game but everyone else seems to be. J is going to make chicken wings and we have an 80 pound bag of Ore Ida fries in the freezer (long story) so I think I will make cheese fries. Just what I need. But if you can't be excited about the game we can atleast be excited about something.

CHEEEEEESE! That one was for bob.

No comments: