Friday, February 09, 2007

Crime in New Orleans

I don't know much, but I know that people are scared in New Orleans. Everday I am bombarded with a flurry of emails about the latest holdup, break-in or carjack. And I like everyone else forward them on so that everyone can be aware and realize that they have to watch their backs in broad daylight. Friends are installing iron gates (or adding deadbolts if they already have them), new up-to-date security systems, getting guns-we are prisoners in our own homes. My friend, K said that she felt like she was living in Fort Knox. I don't think it's enough anymore to just pass on an email. But I don't really know enough to lead a revolution against the crime so I've decided to start researching and educate myself. It's the 1st step. It's better than just forwarding another email. So join me please. Don't let out beautiful city turn into a pile of crap. Don't leave. Join me in educating yourself so we can finally figure out what we need to do to turn this city around.

I came across Signal 26. A blog by real police. I found it interesting. Read todays post.

I also came across this post about an NOPD unpublished letter to the NY Times. What do you think?

No comments: