Thursday, February 15, 2007

Pluots, The Little Buddy and The O.C.

Pluots
I'm a bit hesitant to share this information because I am scared there will be a mad rush on them but I feel I owe it to my fans. Pluots are in season. I have to admit that I forgot about the deliciousness of this fruit but when I stumbled upon them at Whole Foods today they almost made me forget my repeated disappointment of the Whole Foods Kingcakes (I've never actually had them but they look like sandpaper, they look so dry). Anyway, for those of you who don't know what Pluots are...use your noggin'. They are a cross between a plum and an apricot. Their skins have the tanginess of plum skins. The flesh is sweet but not as sweet as a really sweet plum and not as bland as a not so sweet...the perfect mixture. Try 'em, you'll like 'em. and if you don't like them, the more for me and W, because we love them.

The Little Buddy
I say this every month but W is really a good age right now. He laughs all the time. He realizes he gets undivided attention when he is laughing so he really hams it up. He laughs when you get him out of bed in the morning, he laughs when he is running at me full throttle as I stand on the top step before I swoop him up to bring him downstairs, he laughs when you present him with a plate of food, and laughs when I am putting on his jacket to go outside. I know a lot of it is hamming it up but a lot of it is the joy of simple pleasures, too. We should take a lesson from him.

The O.C.
I still can't quite believe it. Next week is the Series Finale. Not Season Finale, but Series Finale. I was so worried tonight. I watched it on the edge of my seat because I just knew they were going to kill off Ryan. They were going to have the unborn baby survive and Ryan die-a life for a life. But I was wrong and boy, am I relieved. Everything is really working out just perfectly, for me anyway. I know, some people would rather still see him with Marissa but she was just too whiny and needy. I love Ryan and Taylor together and I love that Kiki and Sandy are having a baby, GIRL, no less, and I really love the show. It could be an all time favorite. What I don't love is that Summer and Seth will be up in the air and that they will leave us hanging for tv eternity.

No comments: