Sunday, March 25, 2007

Animal Lover, Not!

Let me preface this entry by saying that I myself am not a true animal lover. Now, don't get me wrong. I don't hate animals and of course our beloved, Ingersoll, will remain in my heart forever (out black lab that we had growing up) and I loved him like no other. But in general I am not a huge fan of animals. I'll look at them and talk to them but I don't really want to pet them or want them sniffing around me. What I am trying to say, or admit, is that it is probably my fault that W isn't yet too fond of animals.

We had a busy weekend. Saturday we went to my alma mater's alumnae Easter Egg Hunt. Besides screaming bloody murder when Mr. Easter bunny tried to hold him for a photo op...he had a ball. And he didn't really like that Mr. Easter bunny was stalking him while he was picking up eggs either. You would have thought Mr. EB got the hint when he screamed at him. He didn't.

But besides that he played hard and picked up a load of Easter eggs, loved the playground and we couldn't tear him away from the "Little Gate Village", I think that's what they call it. Now for a shameless plug, if you are in the market for a program for your toddler I highly suggest it. I have never seen the facilities at Little Gate until yesterday, but they are impressive.

Here's W with Mr. Easter Bunny.

This afternoon we went to the coolest birthday party. It was a petting zoo. They had goats and sheep and rabbits and pigs and alligators and horses, oh my! W and J got a chance to go into the walk-in cage. W pulled the rooster's, tried to pull the mini alligator's tail and even road the turtle. Here's a shot of him riding off into the sunset. Okay-not quite. He was crying again. Maybe we can get over our aversion to animals together.

Then he sat on the pony for a few seconds. Enough time for a photo op. But I won't show you the picture, because you get the idea. He was crying.

But just so you can see how much fun the kids had and what a great idea it is for a birthday party, here's another friend holding the small alligator.


W much preferred riding off into the sunset in a traditional form of transportation, the car.
Beep! Beep!


No comments: