Sunday, March 11, 2007

What a weekend. The weather could not have been more beautiful and although it is overcast today, the temperature is my ideal temperature-68-70 degrees. I felt so productive yesterday because of the weather. I finally found someone to clean the old house so I didn't have to do it myself. It was a colossal mess-dust up to the eyeballs-and needed a good scrub down before we put it on the market. One day that will happen. So I let the lady in early in the morning and then Winky and I went with Mimo and Papa to Home Depot to buy a whole bunch of petunias to plant in the planters around our yard. W loved the Home Depot-especially the fountain. He played in that forever and destroyed a petunia plant when he was plucking it from the plastic container. Shhhh. Don't tell. He felt a little hot but I didn't think anything of it.

By the time we got home he was half asleep but still eating his goldfish. I started my gardening while he was taking a nap and J finished taking everything out of the shed at the old house. FINALLY! It's empty. The only thing left to do is walk the Mardi Gras latter back over here and get rid of our old Weber barbecue pit. I am sure I have given this advice before but just in case you missed it.

What you have in your house is always more than you think it is. Don't make the mistake of thinking you can move it yourself. If you have movers let them do all the moving.

So W woke up from his nap fire hot with red cheeks. His fever was 102.3. Mimo has been sick but he hasn't been around her. I guess he caught it from her via Papa. Anyway, once he was up and about he was in great spirits. Played with the hose, the dirt, hide and seek with J in the yard. I guess the Tylenol helped because by the time he went to sleep he was much cooler. I am praying that this will be a short lived virus.

So my petunias are planted as is the basil and rosemary. Now I just have to be religious about watering them. The backyard looks great. All the leaves have been blown by this new great yard guy and it's a backyard in which we will be spending many a cocktail hour.

No comments: